Milano - Brown Ripple Ebonite
The Osprey Milano was designed as a simple no frills daily writer that balances ergonomics and aesthetics. Beautifully crafted with ebonite (hard rubber) in gorgeous colors, its modular design offers 8 inter-changeable nib units, including Zebra G super flex and the luxury 14K gold nib units! Nib Units are interchangeable between both the Scholar and Milano. The pen comes with a standard international cartridge converter system or it can be converted to Eye-Dropper.
Length (capped): 142.0 mm/5.59″
Length (uncapped): 127.9 mm/5.03″
Length (posted): 165.6 mm/6.51″
Diameter (barrel): 13.7 mm/0.54″
Diameter (section): 10.6 – 11.4 mm/0.41″ – 0.45″
Weight (all): 26 g
Weight (cap): 10 g
Weight (body): 16 g
Thick ebonite walls provide the hand with a warm wood like feeling and give the pen a protective encasement. Cared for, this pen can easily last a couple of hundred years and has the potential to be an heirloom. Most size 6 nibs can be fitted and should work well in the Milano. Size 6 offerings from Jowo and Bock seem particularly well suited for this design. The beauty of its friction fit threaded insert will not be lost on those who notice its suitability for calligraphy.
Included in the price of the pen, you have a choice of 4 Standard Stainless Steel Nibs Units (NU) to select from:
- NU - Fine tip – Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Med tip – Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Fine tip – Gold Plated, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Med tip – Gold Plated, # 6, Stainless Steel
- If you select one of the 14K gold nib units or a Zebra G nib units, we also send you a standard NU - Fine tip – Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel nib unit with your order. These additional choices are:
- NU - Fine tip -14K Gold #6
- NU - Med tip -14K Gold #6
- NU - Broad tip -14K Gold #6
- NU - Zebra G super flex
- If you wish to purchase additional nib units of any type, please go to the Accessories/ osprey nib units on the main menu and order as many extra nib units as you wish.
- For calligraphy enthusiasts and for others looking for a generous flex tied with copious flow of ink, we encourage you to choose the Zebra G nib unit. Zebra G nib unit screws onto a Milano or Scholar.
- The pen uses a standard international size cartridge converter and has predictable writing characteristics. Extra converters can be ordered by visiting the Accessories/Other products on the main menu.
Please check the list of Retailers who carry our products on the Dealers page of our website. If you don't find a item on the Dealers website, please feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we may take a few days to respond to inquiries and appreciate your patience.