Milano Fountain Pens
The Osprey Milano was designed as a simple no frills daily writer that balances ergonomics and aesthetics.
Beautifully crafted with Ebonite (hard rubber) and Acrylic, in gorgeous colors, its modular design offers 5 inter-changeable nib units, including titanium coated Zebra G nib with an Ink-tank! Nib Units are interchangeable between both the Scholar and Milano. The pen comes with a standard international cartridge converter system.
The unique features of Osprey Milano are:
- The inter-changeability allows you to quickly switch between writing styles by unscrewing one nib unit and screwing on the other, without all the mess of friction fitting nibs
- This makes writing with different nibs and tip sizes a breeze
- All stock Scholars and Milanos come with Size 6 , Medium, Chrome Finish Nib. If you would like a different tip size, you can buy an additional Nib Unit from the following selections:
- NU - Fine tip – Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Med tip – Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Fine tip – Gold Plated, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Med tip – Gold Plated, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Zebra G (titanium coated) with Ink-Tank
- For calligraphy enthusiasts and for others looking for a generous flex tied with copious flow of ink, we encourage you to choose the Zebra G nib unit. Zebra G nib unit screws onto a Milano or Scholar, as do all other nib units mentioned above
- Pen can be used as an eye-dropper, but you will need to install o- rings in both ends of the barrel. Not recommended as an eye-dropper for our acrylic collection, as the resin may stain.
- Most size 6 nibs can be fitted and should work well in the Milano. Not compatible with a Boch or Jowo nib. The beauty of its friction fit threaded insert will not be lost on those who notice its suitability for calligraphy.
You have a choice of materials in selecting a Milano. The collection of colors in each of these materials is as follows:
- Indian Ebonite comes in Plain Black, Chased Black, Mottled Green, and Brown Rippled
- The colors in Japanese Ebonite are: Black Matte finish, Oka Red Brown, a variation of Oka Red Brown with Black Ends, Kohiro Brown, Umi Blue, Mogiro Green (light green), Haruku ( dark green), Sabaku Olive Green,
- The Acrylic Colors are: Koroit Opal, Chiaroscuro, Serendip Emerald, Mud Pie, Smoky Mountain
Length (capped): 142.0 mm/5.59″
Length (uncapped): 127.9 mm/5.03″
Length (posted): 165.6 mm/6.51″
Diameter (barrel): 13.7 mm/0.54″
Diameter (section): 10.6 – 11.4 mm/0.41″ – 0.45″
Weight (all): 26 g
Weight (cap): 10 g
Weight (body): 16 g