Milano - Serendip Emerald with Flexpert (Zebra G Titanium Filler Unit)
As of 7/26/19, the 2019 Zebra G “Flexpert” insert has been released to the following locations: Flax Art, Passion4pens, Peyton street pens, University Art and Patrick& Co.
Please note that the FLEXPERT is on back order on our website, and when you place an order your shipment will be sent by middle of Sept. If you have any questions on your backorder, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for further communication.
The Osprey Milano was designed as a simple no frills daily writer that balances ergonomics and aesthetics.
Beautifully crafted with Ebonite (hard rubber) and Acrylic, in gorgeous colors, its modular design offers 6 inter-changeable nib units, including titanium coated Zebra G nib with an Ink-Filler Unit! Nib Units are interchangeable between both the Scholar and Milano Osprey pen models. The pen comes with a standard international cartridge converter system.
The unique features of Osprey Milano are:
- The inter-changeability allows you to quickly switch between writing styles by unscrewing one nib unit and screwing on the other, without all the mess of friction fitting nibs
- This makes writing with different nibs and tip sizes a breeze
- All stock Scholars and Milanos come with Standard Nib or Hour Glass Nib, Size 6 , Medium, Chrome Plated. If you would like a different tip size, you can buy an additional Nib Unit (NU) from the following selections:
- NU - Standard Nib, Fine tip – Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Standard Nib,Fine tip – Gold Plated, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Standard Nib, Med tip – Gold Plated, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Zebra G (titanium coated) with Ink-Tank (coming soon)....
- For calligraphy enthusiasts and for others looking for a generous flex tied with copious flow of ink, we encourage you to buy the Zebra G nib unit. Zebra G nib unit screws onto a Milano or Scholar, as do all other nib units mentioned above
- Pen can be used as an eye-dropper, but you will need to install o- rings in both ends of the barrel. Not recommended as an eye-dropper for our acrylic collection, as the resin may stain.
- The beauty of its friction fit threaded insert will not be lost on those who notice its suitability for calligraphy.
You have a choice of materials in selecting a Milano. The collection of colors in each of these materials is as follows:
- Indian Ebonite comes in Solid Black, Chased Black and Brown Rippled
- The colors in Japanese/ Nikko Ebonite are: Solid Oka Red Brown and a variation of Oka Red Brown with Black-ends
- The Acrylic Colors are: Koroit Opal and Serendip Emerald
Note: You may find more colors on our dealer websites. We encourage you to shop with the dealers by visiting their retail stores or websites .