Milano – Koroit Opal
Koroit Opal Special edition Milano:
- Comes with your choice of standard Osprey Fine/Medium/Hourglass Nib
The special edition Koroit Opal Milano is machined from rare acrylic rod stock. Beautifully crafted and named after an Opal from Queensland, which is famous for its strong ironstone with stunning patterns and inclusions of color. Like all Milano fountain pens, the Koroit Opal Milano is threaded to fit any standard Osprey Nib Unit. The Osprey Milano was designed as a simple no-frills daily writer that balances ergonomics and aesthetics. Beautifully crafted with ebonite (hard rubber) or Acrylic, in gorgeous colors, its modular design offers 4 inter-changeable nib units, including our very own ‘Flexpert – a titanium coated Zebra G nib with an Ink-Filler! The pen comes with a standard international cartridge converter system. Cared for, this pen can easily last a couple of hundred years and has the potential to be an heirloom.
To complement the versatile nature of the pens, you can purchase different Nib Units (NU) available in various tip sizes for a plug-n-play experience. A threadable/ screw-in insert fitted with a nib and a feed makes up the Nib Unit. This nib unit threads into the outer section. These nib units can be interchanged between a Milano and a Scholar.
- The inter-changeability allows you to quickly switch between writing styles by unscrewing one nib unit and screwing on the other
- This makes writing with different nibs and tip sizes a breeze
- All stock Scholar’s and Milano’s come with a choice of a Standard- Medium, Chrome plated nib or an Hourglass- Medium, Chrome Plated Nib. If you would like a different tip size, you can buy an additional Nib Unit (NU) from the following selections:
- NU – Standard, Fine tip, Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU – Standard, Med tip, Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU – HourGlass, Med tip, Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU – Flexpert (Zebra G titanium nib with Ink-Filler Unit
- For calligraphy enthusiasts and for others looking for a generous flex tied with copious flow of ink, we encourage you to buy the ‘Flexpert’ – a titanium coated Zebra G nib with a custom Ink-filler unit. Zebra G nib unit screws onto a Milano or Scholar, as do all other nib units mentioned above
Length (capped): 142.0 mm/5.59″
Diameter (section): 10.6 – 11.4 mm/0.41″ – 0.45″
Weight (all): 26 g