Milano - Mud-Pie with Flexpert (Zebra G Titanium Filler Unit)
Acrylic Mudpie Special edition Milano with 2019 Zebra G Flexpert Unit:
- Standard Osprey Nib unit and section(Fines Osprey nib) included along with self-contained Tachikawa Zebra G fitted flexpert unit, section, and filler.
- The Osprey 2019 Flexpert insert was designed for those who would like to be able to use Calligraphy dip nibs in their fountain pen for calligraphy. We designed this as a separate stand-alone unit because we did not want people to compromise or try to ‘hack’ their standard Osprey Stock nib unit. The 2019 Osprey Flexpert unit allows you to use Tachikawa Zebra G/Osprey EF nibs in your Scholar or Milano fountain pens.
- 2019 Osprey Pens Flexpert PDF Guide
Beautifully crafted, the 'Mud-Pie' acrylic Milano is made from precious resin, which are completely original and stunning! . Like all Milano fountain pens, the ‘Mud-Pie’ acrylic Milano is threaded to fit any standard Osprey Nib Unit. The Osprey Milano was designed as a simple no-frills daily writer that balances ergonomics and aesthetics. Beautifully crafted with ebonite (hard rubber) or Acrylic, in gorgeous colors, its modular design offers 4 inter-changeable nib units, including our very own ‘Flexpert – a titanium coated Zebra G nib with an Ink-Filler! The pen comes with a standard international cartridge converter system. Cared for, this pen can easily last a couple of hundred years and has the potential to be an heirloom.
To complement the versatile nature of the pens, you can purchase different Nib Units (NU) available in various tip sizes for a plug-n-play experience. A threadable/ screw-in insert fitted with a nib and a feed makes up the Nib Unit. This nib unit threads into the outer section. These nib units can be interchanged between a Milano and a Scholar.
- The inter-changeability allows you to quickly switch between writing styles by unscrewing one nib unit and screwing on the other
- This makes writing with different nibs and tip sizes a breeze
All stock Scholar’s and Milano’s come with an Osprey Pens Standard Fine tip nib with chrome finish(size 6 tipped SS).
- If you would like a different tip size, you can buy an additional Nib Unit (NU) from the following selections:
- NU – Standard, Fine tip, Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU – Standard, Med tip, Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU – HourGlass, Med tip, Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU – Flexpert (Zebra G titanium nib with Ink-Filler Unit
- For calligraphy enthusiasts and for others looking for a generous flex tied with copious flow of ink, we encourage you to buy the ‘Flexpert’ – a titanium coated Zebra G nib with a custom Ink-filler unit. Zebra G nib unit screws onto a Milano or Scholar, as do all other nib units mentioned above
Length (capped): 142.0 mm/5.59″
Diameter (section): 10.6 – 11.4 mm/0.41″ – 0.45″
Weight (all): 26 g