Milano - Oka Red Brown with Black Ends (Nikko Ebonite)
The Oka Red Brown with Black ends Milano is a special edition Milano made from the finest Nikko Japanese ebonite. This pen also comes with a variation consisting of a single color named Oka Red Brown.
The unique features of Osprey Milano are:
- The inter-changeability allows you to quickly switch between writing styles by unscrewing one nib unit and screwing on the other, without all the mess of friction fitting nibs
- This makes writing with different nibs and tip sizes a breeze
- All stock Scholars and Milanos come with Standard Nib or Hour Glass Nib type, Size 6, Medium, Chrome Plated. If you would like a different tip size, you can buy an additional Nib Unit (NU) from the following selections:
- NU - Standard Nib, Fine tip – Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Standard Nib,Fine tip – Gold Plated, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Standard Nib, Med tip – Gold Plated, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Zebra G (titanium coated) with Ink-Tank (coming soon)....
- For calligraphy enthusiasts and for others looking for a generous flex tied with copious flow of ink, we encourage you to buy the Zebra G nib unit. Zebra G nib unit screws onto a Milano or Scholar, as do all other nib units mentioned above
- Pen can be used as an eye-dropper, but you will need to install o- rings in both ends of the barrel. Not recommended as an eye-dropper for our acrylic collection, as the resin may stain.
- The beauty of its friction fit threaded insert will not be lost on those who notice its suitability for calligraphy.
You have a choice of materials in selecting a Milano. The collection of colors in each of these materials is as follows:
- Indian Ebonite comes in Solid Black, Chased Black and Brown Rippled
- The colors in Japanese/ Nikko Ebonite are: Solid Oka Red Brown and a variation of Oka Red Brown with Black-ends
- The Acrylic Colors are: Koroit Opal, Serendip Emerald and Mud Pie
Note: You may find more colors on our dealer websites. We encourage you to shop with the dealers by visiting their retail stores or websites.