Milano - Serendip Emerald with Flexpert (Zebra G Flex Titanium Filler Unit)
The Osprey Milano comes with 2 types of Flexpert nibs:
- Flexpert fitted with an untipped Zebra g (titanium coated) nib with a custom ebonite feed, and a custom converter as the ink delivery system
- Flexpert fitted with a tipped stainless-steel flex nib, with a custom ebonite feed, and a custom converter as the ink delivery system
When you buy a Milano bundled with the Flexpert-Zebra G nib and custom converter you basically get 2 nib units fitted to 2 independent sections
- A self-contained Flexpert insert fitted with an untipped Zebra g (titanium coated) nib with a custom ebonite feed, and a custom converter as the ink delivery system
In addition, you also get:
- An improvised nib block kit that helps in easy disassembly and assembly of the nib & feed to clean when the pen gets clogged over time/use
- A 2ml sample of Noodlers Black ink, to test the unit for performance upon arrival. For further instructions, please click here for the 'Flexpert - Instructions'.
With the 2 nib units, you can switch between the standard fountain pen nib and the flexpert, with the same body, as all our nib units are interchangeable in the Milano and Milano models.
Read more about the Milano below:
The special edition Serendip Emerald Milano is machined from rare acrylic rod stock. Beautifully crafted, Serendip is the Persian name for Sri-Lanka, which produces the world's best emeralds. The Emerald Serendip has beautiful green hues that is sure to catch attention. Like all Milano fountain pens, the Serendip Emerald Milano is threaded to fit any standard Osprey Nib Unit.
The Milano uses the same modular nib units as the Osprey Scholar allowing for a common standardization of nibs across the models. For example, the same Zebra G ‘Flexpert” insert that allows you to convert a Milano into a flex pen will also work on the Milano. A threadable insert fitted with a nib and a feed makes up the Nib Unit. This nib unit threads into the outer section. The inter-changeability allows you to quickly switch between writing styles by unscrewing one nib unit and screwing on the other. This makes writing with different nibs and tip sizes a breeze.
Length (capped): 142.0 mm/5.59″
Diameter (section): 10.6 – 11.4 mm/0.41″ – 0.45″
Weight (all): 26 g