We are excited to release a second color in the Madison series. The Nimbus Madison is made of acrylic while the Midnight Blue is made of a vegetal resin. Both the colors are fitted with high quality chrome accessories. The Nimbus is a black and white marbled flat-top pen, with a clear outer section and a clear jewel.
Madison is the only Osprey pen model that is available with a Size 6 Ultra-flex Steel nib. The #6 Ultra-flex nib is tipped with excellent German made material, in EEF (0.4mm), EF(0.5mm), Fine (0.6mm), Med(0.7mm) and Broad(1.0mm). Line widths on the cross stroke is up to 2.0mm fully flexed.
The Size 6 Ultra-flex nib is fitted with a custom ebonite feed that provides a steady flow of ink to the nib, supported by a wide mouthed custom converter that helps keep up with the ink demands of the nib, for flex writing styles. This complete assembly consisting of the thread-able ‘nib-feed-converter’ system with an outer grip section is what we refer to as an assembly and is available for purchase as spares.
- The pen body is not too heavy or too light, feels sturdy in the hand.
- The pen measures 5.45" capped and has a diameter range of 0.43” - 0.48”. It weighs 18g/0.6oz.
- This pen comes packaged in a premium pen box.
Note that when you buy a Madison fitted with #6 ultra-flex nib, the nib is friction-fit directly into the outer clear/ transaprent section of the pen. This outer section does not have internal threads and hence cannot accept any interchangeable nibs.
In order to use the rest of Osprey nib unit offerings (#6 Steel, #6 Gold, #5.5 Ultra-flex, Zebra G and Phosbronze flex) with a Madison Pen, you need a second section called the Madison2 Section that has internal threads. Make sure to add Madison2 Section if you are buying optional nib units from the Bundle & Save package, and if you don't already have one.
Bundle and Save (B&S) up to 20% !
A variety of nib units are offered at a discounted price when you bundle with the purchase of this pen. Select one or more within each type to avail this discount. Click on the hyperlinked choices below to learn more about them.
- Choose from #6 Steel Nib Unit choices, if you would like to try a nib for everyday writing.
- #6 Steel Economical Special Grinds such as the Architect Broad, Architect BB, Zoom BB, Broad Left-Oblique or Broad Right-Oblique, and a Broad-Stub. Just like the #6 steel nibs, the special grind nibs also accept international standard converters or pre-filled ink cartridges, giving you the flexibility to use either bottled ink or pre-filled ink cartridge or use with Osprey custom converter.
Flexpert Series - #5.5 Ultra-flex, Zebra G or Phosbronze assemblies to go with your pen. Flex nibs are for ardent calligraphy users! The Flexpert assembly consists of a nib unit of your choice, threaded into the blue Madison2 Section, and includes an Osprey converter. It is best to use fountain-pen friendly inks to avoid clogging the feed. The flex nibs do not take ink cartridges or generic international converters and work only with the Osprey converters.
If you choose an assembly from the Flexpert series (#5.5UF, Zebra G or Phosbronze) be sure to add a nib-block kit to your order , if you don't already have one. You can download a maintenance guide that helps in easy disassembly and assembly of the flex nib & feed, when the pen feeds get clogged over time with use.
To add the A thru G introductory cursive sheet for free, click on the Instructional link.