Milano Koroit Opal with Flexpert -Hourglass #5.5 Stainless Steel Flex nib with custom Converter
- Flexpert fitted with an untipped Zebra g (titanium coated) nib with a custom ebonite feed, and a custom converter as the ink delivery system
- Flexpert fitted with a tipped stainless-steel flex nib, with a custom ebonite feed, and a custom converter as the ink delivery system
When you buy a Milano bundled with the Flexpert consisting the stainless-steel flex nib, you basically get 2 nib units -
- A Standard #6, FINE, chrome plated fountain pen nib unit with a generic international converter
- A self-contained flexpert insert fitted with a #5.5, MEDIUM, chrome plated , hourglass stainless steel flex nib, along with a custom converter.
In addition, you also get:
- An improvised nib block kit that helps in easy disassembly and assembly of the nib & feed to clean when the pen gets clogged over time/use
- A 2ml sample of Noodlers Black ink, to test the unit for performance upon arrival. For further instructions, please click here for the 'Flexpert - Instructions'.
With the 2 nib units, you can switch between the standard fountain pen nib and the flexpert, with the same body, as all our nib units are interchangeable in the Milano and Milano models.
Read more about the Milano below:
The special edition Koroit Opal Milano is machined from rare acrylic rod stock. Beautifully crafted and named after an Opal from Queensland, which is famous for its strong ironstone with stunning patterns and inclusions of color. Like all Milano fountain pens, the Koroit Opal Milano is threaded to fit any standard Osprey Nib Unit.The Osprey Milano was designed as a simple no-frills daily writer that balances ergonomics and aesthetics. Beautifully crafted with ebonite (hard rubber) or Acrylic.
The Milano in stock format is designed to accept international standard converters or prefilled ink cartridges, giving you the flexibility to use either bottled ink or pre-filled ink cartridge.
The Milano uses the same modular nib units as the Osprey Scholar allowing for a common standardization of nibs across the models. For example, the same Zebra G ‘Flexpert” insert that allows you to convert a Milano into a flex pen will also work on the Milano.
A threadable insert fitted with a nib and a feed makes up the Nib Unit. This nib unit threads into the outer section. The inter-changeability allows you to quickly switch between writing styles by unscrewing one nib unit and screwing on the other. This makes writing with different nibs and tip sizes a breeze.