MILANO - SEMPER FI, with Flexpert (Zebra g nib flex with custom converter)
The Osprey Milano comes with 2 types of Flexpert nibs:
- Flexpert fitted with an untipped Zebra g (titanium coated) nib with a custom ebonite feed, and a custom converter as the ink delivery system
- Flexpert fitted with a tipped stainless-steel flex nib, with a custom ebonite feed, and a custom converter as the ink delivery system
When you buy a Milano bundled with the Flexpert-Zebra G nib and custom converter you basically get 2 nib units fitted to 2 independent sections
- A self-contained Flexpert insert fitted with an untipped Zebra g (titanium coated) nib with a custom ebonite feed, and a custom converter as the ink delivery system
In addition, you also get:
- An improvised nib block kit that helps in easy disassembly and assembly of the nib & feed to clean when the pen gets clogged over time/use
- A 2ml sample of Noodlers Black ink, to test the unit for performance upon arrival. For further instructions, please click here for the 'Flexpert - Instructions'.
With the 2 nib units, you can switch between the standard fountain pen nib and the flexpert, with the same body, as all our nib units are interchangeable in the Milano and Milano models.
Read more about the Milano below:
(Semper fidelis (Latin pronunciation: [ˈsɛm.pɛr fɪˈdeː.lɪs]) is a Latin phrase that means "always faithful" or "always loyal". It is the motto of the United States Marine Corps, usually shortened to Semper Fi. We have named this Milano 'Semper Fi' as an homage to the US Marine Corp. As part of our CSR program, a portion of any sale of the Semper Fi Milano is donated to the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society(which is a nonprofit organization). This non-profit organization provides financial, educational, and other assistance to members of the Naval Service of the United States, eligible family members, and survivors when in need. Check out our CSR section for more information and details on how we are using our fountain pens to try and give back to our list of charitable organizations.
The Osprey Milano was designed as a simple no-frills daily writer that balances ergonomics and aesthetics. Beautifully crafted with ebonite (hard rubber) or Acrylic.The Milano in stock format is designed to accept international standard converters or prefilled ink cartridges, giving you the flexibility to use either bottled ink or pre-filled ink cartridge.
The Milano uses the same modular nib units as the Osprey Scholar allowing for a common standardization of nibs across the models. For example, the same Zebra G ‘Flexpert” insert that allows you to convert a Milano into a flex pen will also work on the Milano. A threadable insert fitted with a nib and a feed makes up the Nib Unit. This nib unit threads into the outer section. The inter-changeability allows you to quickly switch between writing styles by unscrewing one nib unit and screwing on the other. This makes writing with different nibs and tip sizes a breeze.
Length (capped): 142.0 mm/5.59″
Diameter (section): 10.6 – 11.4 mm/0.41″ – 0.45″
Weight (all): 26 g