SCHOLAR - DUOFOLD ORANGE, with Flexpert (Zebra g nib with custom converter)
The Osprey Scholar comes with 2 types of Flexpert nibs:
- Flexpert fitted with an untipped Zebra g (titanium coated) nib with a custom ebonite feed, and a custom converter as the ink delivery system
- Flexpert fitted with a tipped stainless-steel flex nib, with a custom ebonite feed, and a custom converter as the ink delivery system
When you buy a Scholar bundled with the Flexpert-Zebra G nib and custom converter you basically get 2 nib units fitted to 2 independent sections
- A self-contained Flexpert insert fitted with an untipped Zebra g (titanium coated) nib with a custom ebonite feed, and a custom converter as the ink delivery system
In addition, you also get:
- An improvised nib block kit that helps in easy disassembly and assembly of the nib & feed to clean when the pen gets clogged over time/use
- A 2ml sample of Noodlers Black ink, to test the unit for performance upon arrival. For further instructions, please click here for the 'Flexpert - Instructions'.
With the 2 nib units, you can switch between the standard fountain pen nib and the flexpert, with the same body, as all our nib units are interchangeable in the Scholar and Milano models.
Read more about the Scholar below:
The Osprey Scholar was created in honor of the American School System. Machined from solid Acrylic rod stock, it is designed to be a rugged and dependable school fountain pen. The Scholar scores well in stress, crack, and drop tests due to its solid construction. This fountain pen was designed to keep writing for decades with a minimum of basic maintenance. The Scholar in stock format is designed to accept international standard converters or prefilled ink cartridges, giving you the flexibility to use either bottled ink or pre-filled ink cartridge.
The Scholar uses the same modular nib units as the Osprey Milano allowing for a common standardization of nibs across the models. For example, the same Zebra G ‘Flexpert” insert that allows you to convert a Milano into a flex pen will also work on the Scholar. A threadable insert fitted with a nib and a feed makes up the Nib Unit. This nib unit threads into the outer section. The inter-changeability allows you to quickly switch between writing styles by unscrewing one nib unit and screwing on the other. This makes writing with different nibs and tip sizes a breeze.