Scholar (Acrylic) - Solid Burgundy
The Osprey Scholar is named in honor of the American School System which led the world by being the first to formally incorporate hand writing into an existing educational curriculum.
Crafted in vibrant colors, the Osprey Scholar is perfect for those who prefer more the feel of a slender pen. The available colors are Orange, Burgundy and Black. Created in 2016 for a California Class, the Scholar is designed to be a rugged and dependable school fountain pen.
- The Scholar uses the same modular inserts as the Osprey Milano allowing for a common standardization of nibs. For example, the same Zebra G insert that allows you to convert a Milano into a flex pen will also work on the Scholar.
- The Scholar in stock format with a stock insert reflects the same EDC, leak-proof, work every time philosophy of our Milano Fountain Pen. However, with our modular inserts, one can just as easily upgrade and customize this pen.
- The pen comes with a Med tip – Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel nib as part of our standard offering.
- If you would like a different tip size, you can buy an additional Nib Unit from the following selections:
- NU - Fine tip – Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Med tip – Chrome Finish, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Fine tip – Gold Plated, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Med tip – Gold Plated, # 6, Stainless Steel
- NU - Zebra G (titanium coated) with Ink-Tank
- For calligraphy enthusiasts and for others looking for a generous flex tied with copious flow of ink, we encourage you to choose the Zebra G nib unit. Zebra G nib unit screws onto a Milano or Scholar, as do all other nib units mentioned above
The pen uses a standard international size cartridge converter and has predictable writing characteristics.
Length (capped): 152.4mm / 6.00“
Length (uncapped): 138 mm/ 5.43“
Length (posted): 178mm /7.00”
Diameter (barrel): 12.45mm/.49”
Diameter (section): 10.67mm /.42”
Weight (all): 19g
Weight (cap): 6g
Weight (body): 13g